(with Christie Maier, board certified genetic counselor) You’re about done with your prenatal visit…then this question… “Ok, do you want screening & diagnostic testing done?”….crickets. Don’t know about you, but most of us stop. in. our. tracks. when we hear those words.
Of course we want to know if something is wrong. Would it change anything if there was? What are we testing & screening for? Do we need it? No one wants to hear ‘bad news’, but what if knowing something now could help your baby?
Screening & diagnostic testing is an emotional topic. There are so many screenings & tests offered during pregnancy, it can feel overwhelming, confusing & even scary during an already super emotional time.
Christie Maier (a board certified genetic counselor) navigates you through the maze of common screening & diagnostic tests your provider will ask if you want during your pregnancy. She helps you get clarity by breaking each one down & teaching what they are, when they are done, how they are done & what each might mean for you & your baby. Watching this will help you make your decisions on screenings & diagnostic testing during your pregnancy.
You’ll Also Learn:
- The difference between screening & diagnostic testing- examples of each & how they are used in pregnancy.
- The accuracy of each test & what they can tell you.
- Why you may or may not want to consider these types of testing during your pregnancy.
- What important Question to ask yourself before you get any tests.
- What increased risk means & what to do.
- How to handle any fear you might have about screening or testing during pregnancy.
Watch this Course (download MP3)
Get Lessons delivered to your Inbox.
What do you think? Share below…